Friday 4 January 2019

Predictions for 2019


Image result for new year's resolutions 2019
 
My first post of 2019 and I'll repeat my best wishes for all my readers. As is customary, it's time for me to make some predictions for how I see the year turning out. Someone, and I can't remember who, said that his new year resolution was to remember at all times “that I don’t know what is about to happen”. Bearing this is mind, I'm using an extensive database and a unique algorithm as the basis for my predictions and these allow me to include a percentage probability to each of them.
 
 Armed with this information, I can make the following predictions for 2019. * A version of Mrs May’s Brexit deal will, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, make it through the House of Commons. Probability: 90%. 
* She will still be PM and Tory leader this time next year. Probability: 85%.
 * John McDonnell will be Labour leader by the end of October. Probability: 50%. * Donald Trump will be impeached. Probability: 25%. * England will fail to win the World Cup in either cricket or rugby union. Probability: 100% * Newport County will gain promotion to Division 1. Probability: 120%.

  And the numbers? Products of an algorithm and a database? No, of course not. They are total rubbish. I just invented them. But at least I look authoritative and nobody can accuse me of being wrong.

No comments: