Saturday 3 December 2011

The X Factor - revisited

In a previous blog (1st October), I gave my opinion of The X Factor in three words - mediocre, nauseating rubbish, By chance (or was it horrid fate?), I've just caught the last five minutes of tonight's episode. Have I changed my mind? Absolutely no chance but it has given me the inspiration to indulge in some splendidly hyperbolic purple prose!
I just can't regard this programme as entertainment. This is The Jeremy Kyle Show with a very bad backing track, And for Gary Barlow and his cronies to make out that they actually care as this pre-scripted, nonsense plays out is beyond contempt. The X Factor is nothing more than a textbook lesson in how to brainwash the masses through emotional glove puppetry. It is a tasteless, exploitative, intelligence-insulting marketing exercise, and to submit to it is to allow yourself to be intellectually raped.
Gosh, I feel better for that!

No comments: