Tuesday 26 August 2014

Pigs 'Ere Blog Part 11: Eight but soon to be seven.

Whilst doing my routine check of the pigs earlier on, it occurred to me that this might be the last time I see the Original Eight as a complete unit. We go to Romania for a week this weekend and, pretty soon after we come back, we are going to have a Hog Roast with one of them. The selection of the participant for this event will probably be done whilst we are away and she will already have taken the one-way trip to the abattoir by the time we come back. And I can't wait to taste her! 
Is this the last photograph of the Original Eight? But which one will be for the chop first?
Will it be this one?
Or maybe this one?
Surely not this one? Just look at those cute floppy ears and little piggy eyes. "Pick me. Pick me", she seems to be saying. Be careful what you ask for, my dear, as you may very well get it.
 
And lest I forget what it's all for!
 

No comments: