Wednesday 14 October 2015

Getting up close.

I like taking photographs of most things but I would put flowers and insects close to the top of my list of favourite subjects. I like their colour and complexity of form.  In a moment of extravagance (well, it was my birthday and Mrs P is a generous soul), a lens just right for getting up close to small things (and, no, I don't mean grandchildren. I use my 300mm zoom for these) came my way - a Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro OS for those who like to know these things.

I gave it a try this afternoon as the sun was shining and I was keen to see what it could do. Unfortunately, apart from some dahlias on their last legs and a single Bumble Bee foraging for whatever nectar remained, there were few suitable subjects around. But this didn't prevent me from taking a few encouraging shots. Roll on the warmer days of 2016 when it should come into its own. Thank you, Mrs P.

No comments: