Wednesday 8 April 2020

Good wishes to our PM

Readers of this blog will know that I dislike Boris Johnson intensely. And you'll know that I think he’s a thoroughly contemptible human being. He’s a proven liar, a charlatan, a fraud, and a smirking entitled buffoon who is nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is. But I don’t wish death on him. Humiliation and political ruin, sure, but you’d have to be completely immoral to wish a slow agonising death from coronavirus on a person. If we seek to condemn him and his like, we need to have a more nuanced and highly developed sense of morality than, for example, Priti Patel or Michael Gove.

Boris Johnson is currently in intensive care and anyone who is in intensive care right now is seriously, properly, ill. They deserve nothing but our good will and the hope that they make it though this dreadful trial. There but for the grace of the major and minor gods go any one of us. So I’d just like to say that I wish the PM a speedy return to full health. I’d like him to recover, so that he can be held accountable for the screw up that he and his administration have made of handling the epidemic. I hope that he makes a full and rapid recovery so that for the rest of his life we can remind him that karma is spelled H.E.R.D.I.M.M.U.N.I.T.Y. I want Boris him to get better soon so that we can remind him that, when he mouths platitudes like “we’re all in this together”, for once it means him too. And most of all, I’d like him to recover so that he can gaze upon the consequences of his handiwork when we leave the EU.

No comments: