Wednesday 17 March 2021

A chromatic calamity

 

The colour has gone from my life. What was once a rainbow's worth of saturated hues is now an endless progression of grey on grey on more grey. This chromatic calamity occurred suddenly and was apparently due to a blocked nozzle. I attempted to clear the blockage with some patent mixture I bought from a man on the internet. The process was long, and some people may find a full description of it upsetting (and boring) so I will limit myself to saying it involved plastic tubes, syringes and sheets of blotting paper. After a few hours I was left with blotting paper images that could give any Turner Prize winner a run for their money, colour-coded fingers ......... and still a blocked nozzle. I would be more than happy to ditch the blessed thing in the nearest natural beauty spot, but it is built like a tank and I'm not as young as I once was. Anyway, it still prints in black and white. It sits at the end of my desk and whispers things like, "monochrome used to be good enough for you, until you started all this colourising nonsense". It taunts me and teases me with an occasional cyan promise. It was once my best friend, now it is nothing but a dead printer. RIP in DPI.

No comments: