Monday 10 May 2010

And so it continues!

What a day! It started out with the deal between Tory Dave and Libbo Clegg looking as if it was going to go ahead and then Gordon announces two things. Firstly, that he was taking the early bath and, secondly, that Libbo Clegg had asked that formal talks between them started. Where will it all end? As I right both Labour and the Tories are increasing what they are prepared to offer the Lib Dems for their hand. A veritable bidding war. Perhaps Libbo Clegg is playing one side against the other. Perhaps he's not. As I read it at the moment, anything could happen. I find it hard to believe that Tory Dave would allow the glittering prize to slip from his grasp easily. Equally, I find it hard to believe that Laboutr will not go down fighting. Watching the news channels is quite amusing. It is clear that nobody knows what is going on and nobody knows how it will end. All descends to speculation and clutching at whatever straws of information are blowing in the wind. I don't think that this horse trading can last much longer or else it will become farcical. I think that by the end of tomorrow it will all be much clearer.

No comments: