Friday 1 January 2016

Plan for 2016

It's the 1st of January, the start of a new year, and tradition dictates that my post has to be dripping with resolutions about being a better and more consistent blogger. This year I don't think I will even bother listing what I would like to achieve over the coming twelve months: I have decided to create the list in mid-December 2016 instead so it can look back and more accurately reflect what I have actually achieved. Released from the need to construct any such one year plan, I can better concentrate on the things this Blog should be focusing on - meaningless speculation, idle tittle-tattle, hot air and bile and the unfettered exploration of the irrelevant and the absurd.

Perhaps I should start with my hand as someone has just asked me about it. You may remember, but don't feel bad if you don't, that I had an operation at the end of November for my Duputreyn's Contracture. I had a follow-up appointment at the hospital recently and I thought I'd share the latest news with you. I had hoped that the recovery process would be monitored by a series of high tech investigations and scans, but the surgeon took a brief look at it, bent my finger straight with all the enthusiasm of a member of the Spanish Inquisition and said things seem to be progressing well and he didn't need to see me again. Disappointed in not having a hospital scan of my finger to show my readers, I decided on a do-it-yourself approach using my desktop flatbed scanner. The results seem quite effective - I must suggest it to the local hospital as a potential way of saving money.

As far as other news goes, this seems to be a year when we'll not be welcoming any new grandchildren, we've got a couple of holidays booked in foreign parts for later this year and great rains of Biblical proportions have beset Cornwall. Perhaps I will get around to discussing some of these at greater length in posts to come - it all depends what is in the Grand Blogging Plan for 2016, the details of which I will formulate in twelve months time. For the time being .... A Happy and Peaceful New Year to you all

No comments: