Thursday 27 October 2011

A Graham Kendrick free zone

It's with extreme pleasure that I am spending a week in a place when the name of Graham Kendrick does not cast a shadow over the music! Traditional evensong in the glorious setting of the choir stalls of St David's cathedral. I do like four-part harmony singing and, for me, this setting brings out the best in any choir. Last night I was perched on a miserichord carved around 1300, singing music derived directly from the plain chant that would have been sung at the time. Beat that, X-factor! Two more to go but with my favourite setting for canticles on the order of service for tonight - Brewer in D - a good opportunity to give it some 'welly'!

2 comments:

Emilie said...

It sounds WONDERFUL!
Emilie

Dennis Croome said...

Just for your interest I've emailed a complete list of GK songs for your enjoyment!