Tuesday 8 January 2013

Vacaciones en México: Parte 5


Boo, hoo - it rained today.  Yippee - it was Yucatan rain. Which means it was warm and lasted just 30 minutes.  A trip down Memory Beach this afternoon when we visited Akumal, a place we stayed in some 14 years ago.  We were pleasantly surprised to find out that it is pretty much the same now as it was then.  But rather than witter on about that, I thought I'd post a few photographs I've taken, if only to show that every now and again I manage to press the shutter at something approximating the right time.
A turtle coming up for air.  It took one gulp and was gone.

Our eldest grand-daughter likes 'stare you out' competitions.  I don't think she'd outstare this chap.

Iguanas are running around everywhere, ranging from a few inches to about 4 foot long.  This one had just snapped up a fly.
A cactus that caught my eye as the sun seemed to backlight it.

Two cormorants sunning themselves after a catch.

No comments: