Friday 11 April 2014

Yet another gadget and a treasonable act avoided.........

What's that picture, I hear you ask? Why it's a 'Black Mini Powerful USB Vacuum Keyboard Dust Cleaner--- Ideal for PC Laptop Computer --- Powered Directly from any USB Port or by an AAA battery'. A few weeks ago I bought this little beauty of a hand-held vacuum cleaner (a snip at 50p) and I have become quite addicted to it. I have been known to hover over people eating high tea with the machine already running to catch any crumbs they might create.
 
Early this morning I was using it to pick some bits (actually it was ash from my joss sticks) up off my desk when I just managed to avoid sucking up the British monarchy. The monarch in question was King George VI, and more specifically a Canadian 1 cent green
postage stamp dating back to the 1940s and featuring the King's image. How on earth this old stamp came to be on my desk, I initially had no idea and then I remembered that it had probably dropped off an old postcard from a family album. Being a tightwad I, of course, did a quick Google to see if the stamp was worth anything, only to discover that it was as common as - well as common as the ash on my keyboard. But scan it, enlarge the scan and it becomes a kind of graphic maze in which you can wander around the King's face in search of the prize you would win by finding your way into his left nostril. When I've got nothing better to do, I might well spend an afternoon hand-colouring all the little blocks in the enlarged version in different shades of red, white and blue. It would be a patriotic activity and it might serve to make amends for nearly sucking HRH into oblivion. But then again, it might just confirm to some people that I am finally losing it totally.

No comments: