Wednesday 26 February 2014

Royal Fashion Icons

For reasons I won't go into here (and it's nothing to do with the fact that I'm Welsh and our mythical proclivity for our ovine friends), I was recently looking for images of sheep on the internet. To my delight, I came across this knitting pattern for THE sheep sweater, as worn by Princess Diana (she of blessed memory).

You can imagine my excitement when I found out that I could download a copy of this pattern (you, too, can get it here). Our house now echoes to the sound of my Number 9 knitting needles clicking away as I work on a replica as a surprise wedding anniversary present for my IWC (sshhhh, don't tell her). She'll be so pleased when the day comes. And if she's as delighted as I anticipate, her joy won't end there, as I've got a whole catalogue of fashionable designs I can work through for her. Looks like I'll be busy for quite a while but the effort will be worth it just to see her smiling face as she basks in the envy of her friends. I'm sure they will all want one as well.  Ah, ah - do I sense a business venture opening up before me?
While I'm on the subject, what is it about the dress sense of Royals? Take a look at the sartorial adventures of Prince Charles and feel proud to be British. Or cringe. Perhaps it was this shared interest in style that brought the fashionistas Chuck and Di together in the first place?

No comments: