Sunday 24 January 2010

A relaxed day

A nice relaxed day today. First, off to the Old School to have a cup of tea before the preparations for the Haiti Brunch start in ernest. The usual 'suspects' were already hard at it. Breakfasts will be served from 10-12 and then a light lunch from 12-2. I wonder how much money will be raised?
In the afternoon, we visited the aquarium in Plymouth with Ellen. I don't think she was really in the mood for it and we did not do the various exhibits justice. We'll have to go back on our own and spend more time.
In the evening I tackled my tax return on-line. After a false start which lead to a payment for £25000, I filled in the correct boxes and the completed form was successively submitted. It could be that I'll get a modest refund but we'll have to wait and see.
David and Emily are back from Brazil safely and we'll look forward to hearing all about their trip. Laura? Sounds like she had a good Ofsted inspection and has found a new rental property in Pembury.
All good with the family at the moment so let's leave it there.

No comments: